Your shopping cart is empty!
Nagarmotha, a kind of grass that is believed to have originated in India, finds mention in the ancient texts of Ayurveda. It has been valued for its curative properties for thousands of years. The black-colored rhizomes of this grass are with a distinctive odor that are used for extracting Nagarmotha oil, also called cypriol oil. This oil is regarded as most valuable in ayurvedic medicine.
Nargarmotha formulations are used for curing a variety of ailments and conditions, since it has anti-inflammatory, analgesic, astringent, antispasmodic and diuretic properties. Nagarmotha oil is used in lotions, creams and perfumery.
Health benefits of Nagarmotha
● Intestinal worms: Nagarmotha is effective in getting rid of intestinal worms. For this, Nagarmotha is taken in powdered form with ginger powder and honey to improve the taste.
● Diabetes: Taking Nagarmotha powder significantly reduces the blood sugar levels, without any side effects.
● Diarrhea: Nagarmotha decoction is made by pounding Nagarmotha rhizomes and straining the contents with the help of boiled water. This decoction is not only effective in treating diarrhea, but also fevers and indigestion.
● Wound healing: Applying a fresh paste of the root helps treats cuts and wounds.
Benefits of Nagarmotha essential oil for skin
In addition to curing bodily ailments, Nagarmotha essential oil is immensely beneficial for the skin. Let’s see its benefits:
● Massage: Massaging the skin and the underlying muscles with Nagarmotha essential oil makes the skin resistant to infections due to its antibacterial properties.
The oil is to be used in combination with other oils, such as coconut oil or sesame oil.
● Skin infections: The antibacterial properties of Nagarmotha essential oil helps counter several kinds of skin infections.
● Aches and pains: The anti-inflammatory properties of Nagarmotha essential oil has proven effective in relieving joint pains and inflammations.
Benefits of Nagarmotha essential oil for hair
The increased amounts of dirt and dust in the air takes its toll on hair.
Although there are many products available in the market to clean the scalp and hair, Nagarmotha essential oil is an effective natural product with no side effects.
Its benefits include:
● Eradicates dandruff:-
Regular application of Nagarmotha essential oil on the scalp eradicates dandruff, cleanses the scalp and reduces itchiness.
● Prevents split ends:-
Applying this oil to the scalp prevents split ends and makes the hair strong and healthy.
● Nurtures scalp:-
The nutrients contained in Nagarmotha essential oil are absorbed by the scalp that helps in a healthy hair growth.
● Prevents dryness:-
The moisturizing properties of this oil prevents dryness of the scalp.
● Limits hair damage:-
The oil also limits the damage caused to the hair due to various reasons.
Ayana’s handmade soaps with Nagarmotha essential oil
Did you know that you can get all the goodness of Nagarmotha essential oil from Ayana’s Neem Tulsi Handmade Soap?
This is because this handmade soap, a product of Ayana Wellness, contains the purest form of Nagarmotha essential oil, along with a host of other beneficial essential oils.
This soap can be ordered online from ayanaproducts.com.