Your shopping cart is empty!
Today, Aloe Vera has become a household name as a plant that heals. This is because of its immense therapeutic properties that heals a host of bodily problems. The ancients had discovered the healing properties of Aloe Vera a long time back. Little wonder the Egyptians termed this plant the ‘plant of immortality’.
Aloe Vera – the plant
Aloe Vera is a type of cactus that belongs to the Liliaceae family. This plant grows to a height of one or two feet and has succulent leaves that are bitter in taste.
The leaves of this plant are a source of a gooey translucent gel that is 96 percent water and the remaining comprise of a protein that contains 18 to 20 amino acids, a host of vitamins, and organic and inorganic compounds.
It is this gel that is used for medicinal purposes and cosmetics.
Aloe Vera – skin benefits
Although Aloe Vera gel is used for a host of bodily problems, such as wounds and burns, minor skin infections, diabetes, cysts, high cholesterol and lipids, it is also immensely beneficial for the skin. Let’s see how:
● Effective moisturizer: Aloe Vera applied to the face, moisturizes the skin, without giving a greasy feel. This is ideal for people with oily skin. Its moisturizing properties make it ideal for use with mineral-based make up, since it prevents the skin from drying. Aloe also quickly heals minor cuts and abrasions resulting from shaving.
● Cures sunburn: Sunburn is a painful condition that makes the skin sensitive to touch. Applying Aloe Vera to the sunburn spots not only heals the skin, but also replenish its moisture.
Aloe Vera acts at the skin’s epithelial level, that is the outermost layer of the skin, and heals it quickly through its antioxidant properties.
● Prevents acne scarring: The hormones – auxin and gibberellins – contained in Aloe Vera have anti-inflammatory properties that reduces skin inflammation. Gibberellin is a growth hormone that stimulates the growth of new cells. This aids in quick replacement of old and affected cells with new one on the acne-scarred areas. This not only heals with minimal scarring, but also reduces inflammation, itching and blistering.
● Treats skin ailments: Aloe Vera is effective in treating a variety of chronic skin problems, such as eczema, psoriasis, genital herpes, canker sores, skin ulcers and others.
● Removes stretch marks: Stretch marks are formed if the skin is stretched beyond its stretchable limit. This loss of elasticity manifests as the unsightly stretch marks. Constant application of Aloe Vera on the stretch marks makes them less visible and may ultimately make them vanish.
● Anti-aging: Wrinkles and fine lines are a bane for getting on in years. This is due to the loss of skin’s elasticity.
Applying Aloe Vera regularly helps the skin remain younger due to a variety of antioxidants contained in it, such as beta carotene, Vitamin C and E, etc.
These antioxidants help in restoring the skin’s natural firmness.
Aloe Vera products
Ayana Wellness offers some of the best Aloe Vera products in the market and can be ordered online from ayanaproducts.com.