Your shopping cart is empty!
For the chemist, Turquoise is nothing but an opaque mineral of hydrated phosphate of copper and aluminum, endowed with colors ranging from blue to green. But, for a crystal healer, Turquoise is a prized gemstone that has been adorned as an ornamental and healing stone for thousands of years.
Although called differently by the Greeks and the Aztecs, the word ‘Turquoise’ came into being in the 13th Century from the French, who called it ‘turquois’ for ‘Turkish’, since this stone was brought to Europe from Turkey, after being excavated from the mines in Khorasan province of Persia.
An unblemished history
Turquoise has been in use since antiquity. Excavations have revealed its use in ornaments by the Egyptian rulers. Even before this, it was being used in Persia, Mesopotamia and the Indus Valley.
The Chinese artisans had started designing turquoise jewelry and priceless pieces some 3,000 years ago.
Turquoise was considered a ceremonial gem by the Native American tribes settled in southwestern US, who used it as a medium of exchange and also for jewelry and amulets. The Apache used to attach this stone to their bow or firearm in the belief that it increased the weapons’ accuracy.
Turquoise came to India with the establishment of the Mughal Empire and it was extensively used in Mughal architecture.
For example, the walls of the Taj Mahal, one of the old wonders of the world, was encrusted with gold and gemstones, along with Turquoise and other semi-precious stones.
The unique attributes of Turquoise
From ancient times, Turquoise was considered a stone that ensured good health, good fortune and protection from evil. It not only prevented diseases but was said to change colors according to the wearer’s health to forewarn him or her of the impending ailments!
These attributes of Turquoise may sound farfetched today, but this stone has some distinct advantages and health benefits. Let’s see what they are:-
● Turquoise, acts as a harmonizing stone and promotes positive thinking. It also infuses sensitivity and empathy.
● It protects from negative energies and bestows tranquility.
● The wearer is able to ward off nervousness, tension and stress.
● It helps restore depleted vitality and lifts sagging spirits.
● The stone has been found useful in alleviating the symptoms of rheumatism, gout, asthma, viral infections, lung infection and stomach ailments.
● It also prevents problems associated with teeth and throat.
● The detoxifying and anti-inflammatory properties of this stone protects against toxins and inflammations.
● It makes an excellent pain reliever and an anti-depressant.
● This stone influences the Throat Chakra and helps one to bring forth one’s deepest wisdom.
● Till date, in many cultures, Turquoise is still revered as a sacred stone that wards off bad omen and rings in good fortune.
As already mentioned, Turquoise has been used since antiquity as jewelry, extensively used in necklaces, earrings, bracelets and rings. This tradition of using this versatile stone for jewelry still continues.
To this end, Ayana Wellness offers the purest form of Turquoise in the form of beautiful pieces of jewelry. You can buy Turquoise Crystal Necklace online from ayanaproducts.com.