Your shopping cart is empty!
Selenite, variously known as satin spar, desert rose, Maria glass or gypsum flower, is one of the prettiest crystals, what with its pristine white color with beautiful striations, running along its length, that adds to its elegance. This translucent snowy crystal looks nothing less than a silky pearl and act as Healing Crystal Jewelry.
History and origin
Selenite derives its name after the Greek Goddess, Selene, the Goddess of the Moon. This is because of the slivery white color of the stone.
However, this crystal exists in other colors too, such as brown, green, greyish blue, golden yellow, orange and peach.
This stone figures in history and was used by the ancient Mesopotamian culture for rituals and for warding off evil spirits.
The Naica Cave in Mexico displays a collection of Selenite crystals that are said to be 50,000 years old. The largest of them weighs a whopping 55 tons!
This tubular-shaped crystal, that scores two on Mohs hardness scale, occurs in many parts of the world, such as Argentina, Australia, Brazil, England, France, Germany, Greece, Japan, Mexico, Morocco, Poland, Russia and the US.
Benefits of Selenite
The virgin white color of Selenite stands for purity and the striations on its surface serve as a pathway for the spirit. This stone possesses a high vibration energy that helps infuse the light from higher realms into the physical body, resulting in personal transformation.
This powerful stone provides several benefits:
● Help remove energy blockages in the body.
● Provides mental clarity and de-stresses the mind.
● Balances and stabilizes emotions and also restores bodily balance.
● Cleanses negative aura by absorbing all the accumulated negativity, anxiety and worries.
● Clears and purifies the environment.
● Protects from psychic attack and wards off negative influences, bad ideas and evil thoughts. They act as Healing Crystal for Mental Wellness.
● Awakens and strengthens telepathic abilities.
● Activates dormant abilities from past lives.
● Produces spiritual vibrations that paves way to spiritual enlightenment by opening the crown chakra and soul star chakra.
This soft, but powerful, crystal possesses remarkable healing properties that are immensely beneficial. You can benefit from it by using it right.
● Energy shifting technique: It requires you to sit in a chair and place your bare feet on a Selenite wand or stone. By sitting quietly and focusing on your breath, you begin to feel the energy of the Earth under your feet. Once you achieve this, let go. In about 15 minutes, you will experience clarity of mind and restoration of bodily balance.
● Aura cleaning technique: To cleanse the aura, comb the Selenite wand up and down over your body and visualize it absorbing all the negativity, anxieties and worries from your body that you have accumulated during the day.It surely is one of the Anxiety Healing Crystals. The wand should be moved from the top of the head to the bottom of the feet, about five inches above the skin. Just five minutes of doing this action will not only cleanse you of your negativity but also purify your aura.
Acquiring Selenite crystal
Ayana Wellness, a one-stop-shop for all kinds of crystals, offers Selenite crystals. You can order them online from ayanaproducts.com.