Your shopping cart is empty!
Basil, also known as Tulsi in Hindi, is a sacred plant of the Hindus. This is because this ‘king of herbs’ has been cultivated for more than 5,000 years and is valued as a culinary and curative herb, since is contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Found around the globe, Basil can be classified into several types – Western Sweet Basil, Thai Sweet Basil, Holy Basil, Lemon Basil, Purple Basil and Cinnamon Basil. Each differs from the other in looks and taste.
Health benefits of Basil
Basil is considered good for the heart because of the flavonoids contained in it that reduce the risk of clots. It also lowers bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol, preventing heart ailments.
Basil is a magic cure for sore throat and headaches. It prevents eye disorders and treats ear infections. It boosts immunity and regulates blood sugar levels.
It is also known to fight cancer.
Skin benefits of Basil
Basil is extremely beneficial for the skin in more ways than one. Let’s take a look:
● Restores facial glow: Basil, when applied on the face in the form of a paste, lightens the skin tone and adds glow to the face.
● Retards aging: Basil possesses anti-aging properties. It prevents premature aging and also slows down natural aging. It helps keep fine lines and wrinkles at bay and restores skin’s radiance. This is because it is rich in antioxidants that help in skin rejuvenation. Its use also prevents the effects of oxidative damage.
● Prevents acne: Basil also prevents acne by removing toxins from the blood and purifying it. Its antibacterial and antifungal properties also help in removing blackheads, pimples, acne scars and marks.
● Treats skin infections: The antibiotic properties of Basil treat skin infections by restricting the growth of infection-causing bacteria. It is also effective in eradicating ringworm infestation in hands, feet and other parts of the body.
● Treats certain skin conditions: People suffering from vitiligo and eczema have found relief by applying Basil.
● Tightens the skin pores: Basil paste rubbed gently on the skin helps tighten the skin pores that prevents blemishes and infection.
Hair benefits of Basil
Basil addresses hair-related problems too. Let’s see how:
● Prevents hair loss: Basil mixed with hair oil, when applied to hair, strengthens hair follicles, thereby preventing hair fall and loss. It also keeps the scalp cool by boosting blood circulation to the scalp.
● Treats dandruff: Basil reduces the occurrence of dandruff, when applied to the scalp mixed with hair oil. It also removes scalp itchiness and hydrates dry scalp by improving blood circulation.
● Prevents premature graying: The incidence of premature graying is on the rise. Applying basil concoction on the scalp prevents premature graying.
Ayana’s Neem Tulsi Handmade soap that soothes and purifies
Ayana Wellness has come out with a pure Neem Tulsi Handmade Soap with Basil as one of the ingredients. The soap imparts all the benefits of Basil and has become popular among users due to its health and skin benefits. It soothes and purifies the skin, leaving it glowing. This soap can be ordered from ayanaproducts.com.